No matter how small or large your construction company is, you want to make sure that your equipment lasts as long as possible. Equipment is an investment and if you want to get value out of it, you should pay attention to its performance. At W. R. Scott Equipment Ltd., we provide construction equipment rentals and new equipment for purchase to customers in the Edmonton area. Because we want to help you get the most for your money, here are six easy ways to extend the life of your equipment.
- Have a maintenance schedule. The best way to make sure that your equipment is properly taken care of is to follow the recommended manufacture’s maintenance schedule. What needs to be done before and after every use? How often should a more thorough inspection occur? Figuring out the answers to these questions ahead of time will help protect your investment.
- Change the oil as needed. Be sure to include regular oil inspections in your maintenance routine. The condition of your machine’s oil is one of the best indicators of its performance.
- Keep it clean. Construction is a dirty job. That doesn’t mean that your equipment has to be dirty too. One of the easiest and most effective ways to maintain your equipment is to regularly clean it. This prevents dirt and grime from getting into the mechanical components of your tools. Check the air filters.
- Record the maintenance. It might sound unnecessary, but keeping good records of your maintenance routine can help you spot problems before they even start. Keeping track of the performance of your machines is the first step toward improving it.
- Train your employees. A tool is only as good as the person that uses it. Employee training is, therefore, a must. If you’re certain that your employees know how to properly use the needed tools and equipment you’ll know that your assets are in good hands.
- Reach out to the pros for maintenance. Your heavy equipment is a big investment and when it comes to maintaining it, you don’t want to take any chances. Calling in an expert to perform maintenance every so often will always be less expensive than calling him or her to fix a machine that’s broken down.
If your business is looking into construction equipment rentals, new construction equipment or help with maintenance, contact W.R. Scott Equipment Ltd. in Edmonton today. We focus on providing the best customer service we can so that you can rest assured that you’ll have the right equipment when you need it most.